Monday, May 18, 2015

Life with three

Kate is two weeks today! It's hard to believe it has been two weeks.  For the most part, she has been a great baby! She is super sweet, cuddly and a pretty good sleeper! She goes with the flow and is only bothered when we move her when she is in a deep sleep... which, hey, I would be bothered too!

She takes a paci, but is trying so hard to figure out her thumb! It's so cute when she figures it out - even if it's only for a few seconds!

Last Wednesday (9 days old), my Mom and I took the three kiddos to go strawberry picking.  That was my first big outing.  We had fun! Kids enjoyed being out and the special ice cream at the end and Kate slept the whole time!

Last Friday, Kate got her newborn pictures done.  The photographer did a fab. job! Can't wait to see the proofs :)  Max and Claire got in on a few pics and did great!

Claire had dance pictures on Saturday morning.  Justin was in a golf tournament with my dad, so mom came to spend the day.  I truly don't know what I would have done without her help these past two weeks.

I think the hardest part with three kids (so far), is feeling like I am giving equal attention to Max and Claire.  They have been really acting out and it hurts my heart.  Justin, Me and Mom have gone out of our way to make sure we are doing fun things with them, including them, giving them special treats, etc and they have been brats. Claire has been extra whiny and gets so upset if she doesn't help feed Kate or get to hold her 1,349 times a day.  Max has just been mean. I'm hoping this phase goes away SOON, bc it is hard on this Mama!

This afternoon I decided I was ready to drive.  I started close by, by taking Claire to dance.  We made it, and even made it on time!  Today was a better attitude day, hoping for more like it!  I'm tired and ready to knock out another night with my newest little love bug!

One more success: we nursed successfully three times today!! Hopefully the pump can be put away soon!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a fantastic job! Isn't it so deflating when you plan fun things, or even just have the idea in your head, but the kids' attitudes make you not want to follow through? I'm sure it's a hard transition right now for them, but hopefully having each other will help them through it. I can't wait to see more newborn pictures! Look at that sweet smile you captured in the last picture - she is a doll!

    ReplyDelete