Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Adjusting

We have been in our new city, new house and new life now for six weeks.  It feels like a lot longer, but here we are at six weeks and I miss Greensboro so much.  Don't get me wrong,  I LOVE our house and neighborhood and LOVE having Justin home more, but I miss our "easy" life back home.  I miss my mom.  I miss all my besties. I miss Max and Claire's old school and their besties.  I miss the convenience of life there, knowing where everything is and how to get to where I was going.  I just miss it all.... well except for that stupid rental we were in!
I have good and bad days here.  The cold, rainy weather isn't helping.  I still haven't made any friends.  We did have a family over for super bowl and that was nice.  The wife was very nice, but we haven't met up since.  I suppose I could make the call.  I really want to play tennis - think I'll meet some other moms that way, but I have no childcare for Kate.  In Greensboro,  the church prek programs and MMO start at 3 months.  Here, most are one year - two years before they can start.  We have night time babysitters (that we love) but have not been able to find a daytime babysitter.  IDK where I'm going with all this, but I guess we will figure it out!

Having a park within walking distance is nice and the kids love it! Hurry up, Spring!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry it's been a bit of a rough adjustment. How far are you from your old house/family/friends? Hopefully with the weather warming up soon you will be able to meet more neighbors and start building new relationships. We moved at the end of October and it was rough going all winter without basically meeting anyone in our new neighborhood, but as soon as spring hit, everyone was outside and we have met some really great families.

    ReplyDelete